Senior Partnerships Manager (Brand Licensing)
|Job Title:||Senior Partnerships Manager|
|Location||Central London, UK|
|Job Type||Full Time 32 hours p/w|
|Category||Senior Licensing Manager|
|Telephone Number||+44 (0)7710 122701|
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Science Museum Group (SMG) consists of five museums all striving to inspire futures by igniting curiosity in science. To deliver this we have a strategic ambition of increasing our self-generated income. This role will play a critical part in realising this aim, alongside colleagues in the Cultural and Commercial Partnerships team part of the wider Enterprises team. The team’s overarching purpose is to increase financial income by raising SMG’s profile nationally and internationally and by commercially leveraging our brand, content, and expertise. We achieve this by building successful partnerships, by sharing our content and assets through touring exhibitions, popular science publications and our Image Library, through consultancy, training, and brand licensing. As a department, we thrive by being creative in looking for, and seizing, opportunities to create financial growth that is resilient, sustainable and supportive of SMG’s powerful social mission.
As Senior Partnerships Manager in the team, you will focus on developing commercial clients for the team’s brand licensing activity. Daily focus will be business development, client relationship management and contract negotiations. Drawing inspiration from the team’s newly formed content team, you will be able to think creatively and collaboratively about how we can expand our ranges and partnerships to maximise income. Especially those that relate to exciting high profile occasions and events, such as the upcoming Flying Scotsman centenary.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Manage accounts from contracts negotiations through to day-to-day clients support, striving to retain partnerships through great customer service and by finding creative ways to solve client challenges by understanding and evolving our broad product portfolio
- Think creatively and collaboratively about how to expand our ranges to maximise income, aiming to generate a growing portfolio of SMG’s assets and brands to help us hit income targets. This includes new product development and approvals in your own area
- Work closely with the Content team, including the Graphic Designer and Senior Content Manager, to commission and sign off on materials to help you and the wider sales team effectively promote SMG’s brands and assets, to secure partnerships and ensure their continued success
- Generate new business through your contacts, by attending relevant events, and by exploring new industries, markets, and traditional and non-traditional licensing categories to find opportunities
- Lead development of brand licensing opportunities, in line with client needs and SMGs collection and events, such as the much-anticipated Flying Scotsman centenary
- Work with the Head of Cultural and Commercial Partnerships and the Retail team to maximise income opportunities across the Science Museum Group
- Foster, champion and act as a guardian for the SMG brand, assets and collection, may include enforcement of IP compliance, when necessary, with support from relevant colleagues
- Create and maintain reporting mechanisms on sales activities and support the Head of CCP in budgeting and forecasting exercises
- Ensure all licensed products and brand applications are of very high quality and appropriate to the reputation and ethos of the museums in the Group and are contractually agreed.
- Carry out other ad-hoc duties as required by the Head of CCP.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM:
You will definitely have…
- Significant experience of working in Brand Licensing
- Experience in partnerships, client relationship management, business development or sales and marketing
- Aware of the current brand licensing landscape, and following developments
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to think creatively to identify new business opportunities and initiative to take these ideas forward
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with a high standard of written English
- Proven ability to work under pressure to meet targets and tight deadlines calmly, effectively, and with attention to detail
- Ability to contribute positively to a diverse team as well as experience of working independently using your own initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build and maintain internal and external relationships at all levels
- Experience of working collaboratively with other departments to deliver projects.
It would be good if you have…
- Demonstrable planning and resourcing skills
- Experience of, or good understanding of IP ownership, rights, copyright, and compliance
- Experience of working internationally in a commercial environment
- Relevant network of contacts
- This role is subject to a Disclosure Scotland basic criminal record check.