Senior Licensing Manager
|Job Title:||Senior Licensing Manager|
|Location||Central London, UK|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Telephone Number||+44 (0)7710 122701|
IMG is one of the World’s leading Entertainment, Sports, Events and Talent Agency. This is a Senior Licensing Manger position reporting to the Senior Licensing Director, to assist with key IMG Licensing clients in the gaming and entertainment space, focusing on brand and product management activities
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- A Full Job Description will be given to appropriate candidates
Licensing and Business Development
- A product development management role in a growing dynamic team with involvement in the development and delivery of licensing strategies, licensing sales and Licensor – Licensee relationships for established and new clients.
- Responsible for management of the product development cycle for selective leading gaming and entertainment clients.
- Focusing on ‘creative thinking’ i.e. taking brands into relevant, innovative categories through thought leadership, commercial initiative and the development of co-branded and mono-branded licenses and brand extensions.
- Activating retail and marketing initiatives for client brands and with licensees, e.g. product and lifestyle photo shoots, development of marketing materials, trade shows and launch/PR events 3rd party agencies and generating industry press.
- Track product development from initial designs through to final samples, acting a key liaison between Licensee and Licensor.
- Ensure timely submission of all relevant marketing materials such as campaign plans and creative assets.
- Monitor, track and analyse royalty reports on an ongoing basis.
- Creating and updating brand materials and presentations.
- Building and maintaining brand-specific critical path documents on behalf of IMG clients to ensure they are kept updated with ongoing licensee developments.
- You may also be required to carry out any other duties which are within the scope and purpose of the job
Knowledge and Experience:
- The candidate will be experienced in the management of the licensing ecosystem – from client brands to licensees’ and retailers, whether as part of an agency, brand owner, licensee or retailer.
- 2nd nature understanding of the inter-relationships of all parties within the licensing industry and comprehensive experience of all aspects of the operation of the licensing process
- Good understanding of the product development cycle in a wide variety of categories
- A strong rollerdex of contacts within the consumer products industry
- Proven experience of educating, evangelizing and selling a new product
- Technically minded with sound knowledge in data software applications and implementing sales strategies to hit targets effectively
- Proven experience of working in a fast-paced environment and managing multiple priorities across a growing account base
Skills and Abilities:
- 5 years+ results-orientated licensing development track record
- Able to demonstrate the ability to build and maintain strong and lucrative relationships
- Professional, personable, adaptable, creative, timely, hard-working, high level of integrity
- Self-starting, mature time management and prioritisation capabilities
- Confident presentation skills at any level with strong product development skill set
- Financial (budget) management, analysis and reporting capabilities
- Demonstrable time management and organisation skills – when juggling tasks and managing priorities across a growing account base
- Focused attention to detail skills
- Experience of working with blue chip client in gaming and/or entertainment
- Experience of leading product development for leading licensed IP at a licensor or agency level
Qualifications and Training :
- Educated to A Level standard or equivalent
- Fully literate with all MS Office, Excel, PPT technologies
- Experience in dealing with licensing operating systems
- Degree in a business, marketing or legal field
- Some legal background, qualification or intricate knowledge of licensing contracts terms and conditions
Some creative capabilities e.g. photoshop competent
- Strong attention to detail
- Confident, team player
- Strong Communicator
- Passionate about the licensing industry
Highly motivated and self-starting individual with a positive attitude
Likely to have worked in fast-paced environment, have travelled/worked abroad and be into gaming and entertainment properties.