Senior Licensing Director
|Job Title:||Senior Licensing Director|
|Location||Central London, UK|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Telephone Number||+44 (0)7710 122701|
Working for one of the World’s leading Entertainment, Sports, Events and Talent Agency. This is a Senior Licensing Director position reporting to the Vice President, with reports, working with key IMG Licensing clients in the gaming and entertainment space, focusing on brand and product management activities
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- A Full Job Description will be given to appropriate candidates
Licensing and Business Development
A senior commercial role in a growing team with involvement in the development and delivery of licensing strategies, licensing sales together with the overall management of specific client relationships within a particular focus on IP from the gaming and children’s entertainment sectors. Key responsibilities include:
- Driving new business development in traditional and non-traditional licensing categories.
- Generating new business from self-started prospecting efforts, leveraging existing contacts and exploring new industries or markets.
- Focusing on ‘creative thinking’ i.e. taking brands into relevant, innovative categories through thought leadership, commercial initiative and the development of co-branded and mono-branded licenses and brand extensions.
- Create and maintain business development / client reporting mechanisms on all sales activities.
- Ensuring all stages of deal negotiation, contracting, contract and financial management are entered/recorded within their licensing management systems.
- Together with the team, activating retail and marketing initiatives for client brands and with licensees, e.g. product and lifestyle photo shoots, development of marketing materials, trade shows and launch/PR events 3rd party agencies, generating industry press and proactive retailer outreach and coordination
Knowledge and Experience:
- The candidate will be experienced in the management of the licensing ecosystem – from client brands to licensees’ and retailers, whether as part of an agency, brand owner, licensee or retailer.
- 2nd nature understanding of the inter-relationships of all parties within the licensing industry and comprehensive experience of all aspects of the operation of the licensing process
- High level deal making and experienced in selling licenses within the character entertainment/gaming industries
- A strong rolodex of contacts within the consumer products industry
- Strong sales skills with quantitative, analytical and business justification ability
- Proven experience of working in a fast-paced environment and managing multiple priorities across a growing account base
Skills and Abilities:
- 7+ years in a results-orientated licensing sales and business development capacity
- Experience working on major / highly successful gaming and/or entertainment franchise IP
- Able to demonstrate the ability to build and maintain strong and lucrative relationships with A-List partners
- Professional, personable, adaptable, creative, timely, hard-working, high level of integrity – self-starter work ethic and enjoyment of fast and dynamic pace
- Mature time management and prioritisation capabilities
- Confident presentation skills at any level with strong business acumen
- Financial (budget) management, analysis and reporting capabilities
- Demonstratable multi-tasking organization skills – when juggling tasks and managing priorities across a growing account base and “moving ball forward” across different support functions (PD, legal, finance)
- Focused attention to detail skills
- Experience of working with blue chip client in gaming and/or entertainment
Qualifications and Training :
- Educated to A Level standard or equivalent
- Fully literate with all MS Office, Excel, PPT technologies
- Experience in dealing with licensing operating systems
- Degree in a business, marketing or legal field
- Some legal background, qualification or intricate knowledge of licensing contracts terms and conditions
- Organised, self-starter work ethic
- Strong attention to detail
- Confident, team player
- Strong Communicator
- Passionate about the licensing industry
Highly motivated with a positive attitude
Likely to have worked in fast-paced environment, have travelled/worked abroad and be into gaming & entertainment properties