Senior Content & IP Manager
|Job Title:||Senior Content & IP Manager|
|Location||Central London, UK|
|Job Type||Full Time 35 hours p/w|
|Category||Senior Licensing Manager|
|Telephone Number||+44 (0)7710 122701|
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Science Museum Group (SMG) consists of five museums all striving to inspire futures by igniting curiosity in science. To deliver this we have a strategic ambition of increasing our self-generated income. This role will play a critical part in realising this aim, alongside colleagues in the Cultural and Commercial Partnerships team part of the wider Enterprises team. The team’s overarching purpose is to increase financial income by raising SMG’s profile nationally and internationally and by commercially leveraging our brand, content, and expertise. We achieve this by building successful partnerships, by sharing our content and assets through touring exhibitions, popular science publications and our Image Library, through consultancy, training, and brand licensing. As a department, we thrive by being creative in looking for, and seizing, opportunities to create financial growth that is resilient, sustainable and supportive of SMG’s powerful social mission.
This is an exciting role for a naturally creative person who has a strong entrepreneurial business sense. As Senior Content & Intellectual Property Manager in the team, you will be part of a newly formed content team, line managing the Media Licencing and Content Manager, Image Library Administrator and Graphic Designer. You will create new business opportunities for brand partnerships and supervise all creative, development and compliance of business collateral for all activities of the team. This role’s main purpose is to work closely with internal stakeholders and gain a deeper understanding and knowledge of SMGs collections and assets to generate opportunities. You will work collaboratively with the sales team to ensure new opportunities have been sense-checked for their marketability enabling the Partnerships Managers to secure new business.
In addition to the new content creation, this role is also required to build strong relationships with key internal stakeholders across the Group especially in the areas of Marketing, Collections and Curatorial.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Build relationships with key internal stakeholders to develop the breadth and depth of knowledge of SMG’s collections and assets required to generate opportunities for new commercial content which can be sold by the CCP team and to the Picture Library’s top performing clients.
- Be the source of advice and solutions in the team for IP and copyright related processes and enquiries from internal and external stakeholders.
- Engage external stakeholders to secure additional archives/ content to be added to our portfolio and to be exploited commercially by the sales team.
- Work closely with the Head of CCP to generate and explore creative commercial opportunities for new content including products ideas for international exploitation.
- Manage the Content team (including line management of the Media Licensing and Content Manager, Image Library Administrator and Graphic Designer) to generate dedicated marketing campaigns to Image Library clients regularly.
- Collaborate with and support the sales team in identifying new trends and ideas from market feedback including the sales team’s direct conversations with industry contacts.
- Lead the creation of marketing collateral including style guides, presentations and proposal templates in close collaboration with the CCP Partnerships Managers
- Establish content meetings across SMG with key internal stakeholders across Enterprises i.e. Retail but also more widely across SMG to be kept up to date on collection news and opportunities as well as keeping internal stakeholders up to date with CCP’s activities.
- Work closely with the Group Creative Manager to avoid any duplication of ideas and work, and collaborate with internal marketing teams to provide commentary and insight on team activities.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM:
You will definitely have…
- The ability to think creatively to identify new business opportunities and proactively taking these ideas forward to increase income.
- Excellent understanding of Intellectual Property and copyright principles and processes
- Experience of instigating and supporting new product development ideally from the brand licensing industry
- A strong commercial understanding with evidence of instigating sales conversations with external stakeholders.
- Experience of working collaboratively with other departments in a multi-site environment to deliver projects.
- Demonstrable planning and resourcing skills, including budgeting, forecasting and working with P&L accounts
- The ability to work under pressure to meet objectives and tight deadlines calmly and effectively.
- Strong people management skills with experience in developing colleagues and managing conflict.
- Excellent communication skills
- A track record of problem solving and making decisions based on evidence.
- Demonstrable diplomacy, negotiation and influencing skills at all levels.
It would be good if you have…
- Experience in digital marketing & social media
- Experience of working in brand licensing and knowledge of new product development processes
- Experience of managing a picture library or eCommerce platforms.
- This role is subject to a Disclosure Scotland basic criminal record check.