|Job Title:||Licensing Manager|
|Location||Central London, UK|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Telephone Number||+44 (0)7710 122701|
|Salary||Circa £40k d.o.e.|
Our client is one of the World’s leading Entertainment, Sports, Events and Talent Agency. This is a Licensing Manager position reporting to the Associate Vice President, to assist on the sales, development and growth of each of the brands’ consumer product licensing programs and manage existing and new licensees.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- A Full Job Description will be given to appropriate candidates
Responsible for ensuring that licensees are activating their license rights, actively designing, producing, distributing and marketing Licensed Products.
- Working closely with licensees daily for product development, keeping to their critical paths and managing the product approval process with the clients.
- Providing licensees with design ideas and style guide support for the respective brands to help give direction on how the brands can be applied on products in a wide variety of categories: apparel & accessories, gift & home, outdoor & sport, food and beverage to name a few.
- Ensuring that brand guidelines and corporate identity are accurately followed which helps ease the client workload for approving products.
- Ensuring that licensees are actively selling into territories and to retailers within their license agreement. Retail analysis and updates on where products on being sold, when the licensed products will be in retail how the brands are being positioned and reporting sell out and success data.
Financial Reporting & Analysis:
Responsible for ensuring that licensees report their royalties in a timely basis and provide financial client and licensee update reports.
- Work closely with the finance team to keep on top of slow reporting/paying licensees.
- Quarterly finance reports and client/licensee records to monitor performance success/failures. In certain cases, expectation to create client revenue and royalty forecasting.
Management of contract generation with the legal team when a new deal is developed.
- Working with the legal team to input deal terms through CRM platforms for the negotiated commercial terms that need to be drafted into the contract.
- Review of contracts drafted by the legal team to make sure that all commercial terms have been accurately written before distributing contracts for signature. Ensure contracts are fully signed by both parties with hard copies provided to finance and legal for processing.
- If there are any comments/clauses that are disputed by the licensee at signature stage, work with the legal and commercial teams to resolve and approve with the client.
- Keep up to date excel spreadsheets of contract summaries for each of the brands which acts as a quick and easy to read source of all live contract commercial terms.
New Business Development:
Ensuring that all sales materials are kept up to date and ready for pitch meetings. Work closely with the Associate Vice President in researching and pitching to new prospective licensees in key focus categories for the brands in question.
- Keep up to date an existing and prospective licensee list/matrix for each brand, which aids the sales team by showing gaps/opportunities and those categories fulfilled.
- Support Associate Vice President in deal making and process.
- Where able facilitate introductions to retailers or support in sales pitches to their potential customers for licensees and their products.
- Work with the creative and marketing teams to update sales presentation for each of the brands, and where appropriate create case study examples or product visual mock-ups to help in new business opportunities with prospective licensees.
- Potentially organize brand exhibition stands at BLE, the lead annual brand licensing trade show which takes place in October each year in London. This is a key selling time as we exhibit our brands to potential new licensees and retailers who attend the show.
- Attend trade shows in relevant categories for new business opportunities.
- Work closely with the Associate Vice President for general licensing program and licensee updates to each client. Support the client with frequent requests for information, data and analysis from the licensee partners.
- Workload in this capacity will be dependent on the client in question. This can include weekly or monthly updates to clients and in certain situations daily dialogue with licensees or client face to face meetings.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience in licensing, including but not limited to lifestyle brands, food and kids entertainment.
Skills & Abilities:
- Highly organised, detailed, and adaptable. Ability to manage workload and switch between brands and licensees is essential.
- Experience in securing new licensees.
- A quick learner and able to find solutions to problems.
- Team player but able to use initiative and be proactive.
- Personality, attitude and enthusiasm are key in order to build trusting relationships with clients, licensees, prospective licensees and colleagues.
- Efficient in Word, PowerPoint, Excel and CRM systems.
- Good communicator and professional personal presentation.
- Our client has a generous Benefits scheme and can offer a Performance-related Bonus subject to their T&C’s