|Job Title:||Licensing Director|
|Location||Central London, UK|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Telephone Number||+44 (0)7710 122701|
Our client is one of the World’s leading Entertainment, Sports, Events and Talent Agency. This is a Licensing Director position reporting to the Associate Vice President, to assist on the sales, development and growth of selective automotive licensing clients’ consumer product licensing programs and to /manage existing and new licensees.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- A Full Job Description will be given to appropriate candidates
Licensing and Business Development
- A sales and commercial role in a growing dynamic team with involvement in the development and delivery of licensing strategies, licensing sales and Licensor – Licensee relationships for established and new clients
- Responsible for driving new business development in traditional and non-traditional licensing categories.
- Generate new business from self-started prospecting efforts, leveraging your contacts and exploring new industries or markets.
- Focusing on ‘creative thinking’ i.e. taking brands into relevant, innovative categories through thought leadership, commercial initiative and the development of co-branded and mono-branded licenses and brand extensions.
- Create and maintain business development / reporting mechanisms on all sales activities.
- Ensuring all stages of deal negotiation, contracting, contract and financial management are entered/recorded within IMG’s licensing management systems.
- Activating retail and marketing initiatives for client brands and with licensees, e.g. product and lifestyle photo shoots, development of marketing materials, trade shows and launch/PR events and generating industry press.
- You may also be required to carry out any other duties which are within the scope and purpose of the job
Knowledge and Experience:
- The candidate will be experienced in the management of toys and video games licensing ecosystem – from client brands to licensees’ and retailers, whether as part of an agency, brand owner, licensee or retailer.
- 2nd nature understanding of the inter-relationships of all parties within the licensing industry and comprehensive experience of all aspects of the operation of the licensing process
- Deal making and experienced in selling licenses
- A strong rollerdex of contacts within the toys and video game industries
- Experienced sales operations executive with a background in licensing operations and sales.
- Strong sales skills with quantitative, analytical and business justification ability
- Proven experience of educating, evangelizing and selling a new product
- Technically minded with sound knowledge in data software applications and implementing sales strategies to hit targets effectively
- Proven experience of working in a fast-paced environment and managing multiple priorities across a growing account base
Skills and Abilities:
- 5 years+ results-orientated licensing sales and business development track record in toys and video games
- Able to demonstrate the ability to build and maintain strong and lucrative relationships
- Professional, personable, adaptable, creative, timely, hard-working, high level of integrity
- Self-starting, mature time management and prioritisation capabilities
- Confident presentation skills at any level with strong business acumen
- Financial (budget) management, analysis and reporting capabilities
- Demonstrable time management and organisation skills – when juggling tasks and managing priorities across a growing account base
- Focused attention to detail skills
- Experience of working with blue chip clients
Qualifications and Training :
- Educated to A Level standard or equivalent
- Fully literate with all MS Office, Excel, PPT technologies
- Experience in dealing with licensing operating systems
- Degree in a business, marketing or legal field
- Some legal background, qualification or intricate knowledge of licensing contracts terms and conditions
- Strong attention to detail
- Confident, team player
- Strong Communicator
- Passionate about the licensing industry
Likely to have worked in fast-paced environment, have travelled/worked abroad and be into automotive brands and video gaming