Retail Activation Manager
|Job Title:||Retail Activation Manager|
|Job Type||Maternity Cover (12 months)|
|Telephone Number||+44 (0)7710 122701|
|Salary||Circa £55k d.o.e.|
Our client is one of the UK’s most recognisable chefs, Jamie Oliver. The main purpose of this role is to identify and manage the execution of retail activation (promotions) around a calendar of key themes with his food and non-food licensees and key retailers, ensuring maximum delivery of licensing income is delivered from these programmes.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Work closely with the CEO of Licensing in identifying and agreeing key retailer targets and delivering synergy opportunities for licensees with those retailers.
- Identify and deliver the key retail themes for the Jamie Oliver ranges and licensees.
- Lead cross Jamie Oliver Licensing Ltd activities with licensees and retailers.
- Co-ordinate licensees to ensure effective execution of planned activity, ensuring other Jamie Oliver activities are integrated within such activities, where possible.
- Proactively identify key retail and retailer opportunities through analysis of licensees sales reporting
- Assist with market analysis to identify new product and retail opportunities with new and existing licensees
- Review and approve the appropriate marketing and trade support execution activities
- Oversee all necessary approvals within the Jamie Oliver Group of companies
- Work effectively with the Heads of Food and Non-Food Licensing, all Jamie Oliver teams, companies and associates to ensure consistency, efficiency, professionalism and effective communication.
- Undertake any other task, deemed to be appropriate to this role, as directed by your line manager or another manager.
- Enforce and comply with all:
○ company policies and procedures which are fundamental in maintaining effective performance, communication and good business reputation
○ statutory legislation and policy i.e. Food Hygiene and Fire, Health & Safety and to attend any training as requested by the company and required by law.
- Proven experience in retail and trade marketing for leading brands with a track record in developing and growing brands.
- Retailer customer management experience preferred, as the role will be customer facing alongside licensees at times
- Experience delivering in international retail markets would be an advantage.
- First-rate relationship management and presentation skills.
- Exceptional stakeholder management capability.
- Flexible, hardworking, and passionate about their area of the business and the Jamie Oliver brand.