|Job Title:||Licensing Manager|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Telephone Number||+44 (0)7710 122701|
|Salary||Circa £50k d.o.e.|
- Manage and grow the Manchester City Licensing programme, maximising the return from the Licensees already in place, and by adding new licensees to the portfolio (in the UK and internationally).
- Manage multiple licensee relationships over the period of a deal.
- Ensure that licensing revenue is maximised by structuring new deals in the most efficient manner and driving forward / renewing existing deals. Monitor all new licensing proposals and proactively drive new prospect discussions – working closely with the digital and partnerships teams internally as relevant. The individual will have full responsibility for ensuring that targets for licensing business are met.
- Manage reporting across all licensees and agents, including creating summarised reports to update the wider business – on the overall tracking against budget, and sales by licensee, by region and by channel / media outlet. Conduct licensee business reviews, measuring licensee performance to business plan and challenging licensee to continually improve performance in terms of product development, innovation, sales and distribution.
- Assess the current licensing programme and create an updated department strategy for licensing, both domestically and internationally, linking with the strategic focus markets for the clubs’ fan growth. Conducting an evaluation on what is working well, and what could be improved – commercially and in terms of product development / sales.
- Manage the Licensing and Retail Executive, ensuring they deliver on their respective objectives – including approval of all products manufactured by licensees, new business objectives, contract / finance management of Licensing agreements, and planning licensee workshops, attendance at trade shows as necessary.
- With the Licensing Exec, deliver style guides and work with licensees to ensure great looking and innovative merchandise is sold, which is true to the City brand.
- Ensue smooth management of the club’s online licensee management system (led by the Licensing Exec), in conjunction with IT, legal and finance.
- Be responsible for the club Brand Protection scheme and liaise with City legal team and the PL Brand Protection team as required.
- Ensure effective marketing of City merchandise, providing support to licensees.
- Act as the main point of contact between the Licensing and Retail team and the Partnership sales team and the Digital team – attending monthly meetings, reviewing deal summaries, helping brainstorm new pitch ideas.Seek to drive revenue from Partner / Licensing hybrid deals where appropriate.
- Work closely with the Retail team and Man City’s official retail partners to ensure Club retail sales are maximised, and innovative / new products are provided by licensees for club retail channels.
- Act as a key conduit between Man City and other top PL teams to share ideas and strategy. Also maintain regular dialogue with the licensing team at the Premier League. Benchmark MCFC against other successful football clubs and sports brands.
- Have an understanding of the licensing programme for New York City Football Club (NYCFC), Melbourne City Football Club (MelCFC), Yokohama Marinos and Girona Football Club, and help drive their brand extension through licensing.
The Licensing industry, both in the UK and Internationally, including sound knowledge of licensing contracts and running product development and approvals across multiple categories. Knowledge of how to effectively develop and build a brand through licensing and help licensees with marketing efforts to bring the products to life.
Knowledge of sport and fan behaviour – one of the primary reasons to purchase. Understanding of the physical and digital ways that IP can be licensed. Experience with physical and digital licensing
Understanding of licensing contracts and royalty reporting are essential. English language.
Management of large numbers of licensees. Sound knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel
Someone who is eager to learn and join an ambitious team. The person should be a good negotiator and have the ability to be pro-active and entrepreneurial in seeking new deals. The role requires and attention to detail in managing the licensees and agents. The work will often be unsupervised so the individual will be required to work to their own deadlines.
Strong communication skills will be required both in communicating with licensees and internally with colleagues. A willingness to challenge
Outgoing personality and a team player, who is organised, able to work under pressure and take decisions where needed. A love of products and an interest in brand and marketing, and an understanding of how licensing can be used to extend the reach of a football club.
A creative person who loves working with products and has good attention to detail.
- Great Central London offices with an amazing view!
- Generous salary, bonus, pension, medical cover
- Good holiday allowance
- Fabulous food perks
- A lovely team with good social events
- MCFC is flying as a team so it’s an exciting time to join
- And LOTS more…