|Job Title:||Licensing Director|
|Location||North of London, UK|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Telephone Number||+44 (0)7710 122701|
|Salary||Circa £75k+ d.o.e.|
Our client is one of the Europe’s leading International Luxury Interior Furnishings Group. This is a critical Leadership role as part of the creative team this Senior position will be responsible for the design and execution of the Style Library Licensing strategy, both in the UK and globally, to grow revenue and profitability with existing partners, as well as identify and expand the customer and product portfolio. Identify, evaluate, structure, negotiate and manage strategic licensing partnerships and business opportunities.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Define and implement the Licensing strategic and operational plan for the Style Library brands to deliver business growth globally that is fully aligned to the design studio and creative media team’s strategies.
- Drive sales growth by strategically expanding the portfolio of customers and products.
- Management of the licensing programme inline within over-arching brand strategies
- Agree and monitor annual business plans for all brand licensees
- Conduct analysis to ensure sustainable revenue development
- Oversee the licensing budget and spend from a planning and tactical perspective, analysing performance of actual results against financial goals.
- Analyse market and consumer trends to identify new license opportunities ensuring the Creative Director is fully briefed and in agreement maintaining full collaborative working with Licensing and Creative.
- Work collaboratively with lead designers to produce lifestyle offers for our brands across all home product categories.
- Lead the Licensing Team to deliver thoughtful, well-defined brand strategies to maximize financial opportunities
- Oversee all creative development within the Licensing Team.
- Negotiating and securing new licensing and licensed promotions partners, forging strong retail partnerships
- Broaden appeal to a wider consumer base by instigating a diverse, new product profile across a strategic cross section of potential licensees
- Create and deliver a framework that strengthens all brands across different categories, including fashion, interior, home lifestyle and consumer products
- Oversee all licensing briefs to Marketing as part of a response to a brief covering brand creative, customer marketing/point-of-sale, advertising, public relations, media planning/buying, consumer insights and social enterprise within the annual and seasonal business and go to market calendars, respectively.
- Own all relations between their brands and multiple licensee partners in selected categories to include the creativity, design, colouration, planning and implementation of licensed product programmes encompassing marketing, sales promotion and distribution.
- Own the relationship with licensing partners to include the planning and reporting of their businesses, oversight of their product and marketing, distribution, certificate of compliance, adherence to targets and commitments coupled to a rolling 3-year plan for growth
- Support Licensees to achieve annual financial targets.
- Archive knowledge and awareness at a level to be able to talk about the archive with confidence.
- Establish control-related standards and procedures for the Licensing Team
- Work collaboratively with other business areas including Sales, Marketing and Creative to ensure strategic alignment, customer satisfaction and sales growth.
- Significant experience across brand licensing at a senior level
- Experience in setting a strategic and operational plan to deliver financial growth
- Direct sales experience
- Experience in deal structuring and negotiating
- Ability to build strong, collaborative relationships with licensing partners from different geographical and cultural backgrounds
- A self-starter with excellent commercial acumen
- A highly self-motivated individual, good at negotiating and have interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to local cultural aspects and the desire to develop these skills further
- Able to inspire and lead a team to deliver high performance
- Able to craft and deliver presentations at senior level and the ability to manage multiple projects
- Well organized with the ability to plan and deliver on tight deadlines with attention to detail
- Enjoy working in a team and closely with a number of internal stakeholders
- Strong analytical and numerical skills. You can build and explain financial models.
- Comprehensive computer skills including Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Willing to travel regularly in order to engage directly with partners
What They Offer In Return
- Company Car
- 25 Days Holiday
- Pension up to 4%
- Generous Staff Discount on their products