Licensing Associate Softlines
|Job Title:||Licensing Associate Softlines|
|Location||Berkshire (near London)|
|Job Type||Fixed Term Contract|
|Telephone Number||+44 (0)7710 122701|
Purpose of Position
Management of key softline categories in line with global and regional brand & category priorities. Manage the day-to-day licensing business relationships with softline partners, identify pitch and negotiate new business opportunities, and day to day liaison with internal & external stakeholders. Category leader for assigned categories, for the UK. Categories include, but not limited to: Homeware, Lunchware, Greetings, Gifting and Health & Beauty
- Manage existing licensing deals and licensee relationships and gather specific category & retail information
- Conduct quarterly business reviews and track financial goals
- Secure new licensing deals and negotiate renewals
- Negotiate deal terms and submit for legal drafting ensuring all relevant approvals have been gathered and all information required is present and correct
- Liaise with the legal team and licensee on contract drafting
- Research identify and pitch new category opportunities and prospective clients
- Work closely with the Product Development, Creative and Quality & Assurance teams on getting first class product to market
- Work closely with Retail Development, Digital, PR, Regional Franchise and Local Brand teams to develop joint business plans.
- Implement marketing and promotional strategies in liaison with internal & external stakeholders
- Act as category lead for assigned categories for the region
- Manage extension of local deals into additional Europe countries
- Work with Global CP to approve and include UK within global deals
- Gather and share category best practice from across the Europe region, with local teams
- Help find innovative ways to grow the business
- Prepare brand pitch and marketing presentations across Mattel’s IP portfolio of brands
- General coordination of the team, in order to ensure the efficient running and effective working of the team
- Attend Trade Fairs or category specific shows
Internal Working Relationships:
- Regional Franchise Brand Teams
- Local Europe Consumer Products teams
- UK Local Brand Activation Teams
- UK Local Consumer Products Retail Team
- Europe Consumer Products Creative Team
- Europe Consumer Products Quality & Assurance Team
- UK Digital Team
- Global Consumer Products Team
External Working Relationships:
- Trade Shows
Skills and competencies
- Personable, enthusiastic and confident, able to build good relationships
- Must have passion for product development, a creative eye
- Demonstrate awareness of current market trends and an interest in consumer products
- Must be commercially aware
- Effective negotiation and good presentation skills
- Excellent organization and communication, with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent project management skills.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Strong ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Team player, flexible, pro-active and self-motivated with the desire to help drive the business forward
- 2+ years and areas of experience in either e-commerce, digital marketing, online promotions, design, social media, advertising. Experience on the digital/marketing/merchandising side of an FMCG company, an e-tailer or agency would be a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Marketing or Business, or a related field. In addition, we will welcome someone with a design related qualification.
- Ideally have a few years’ experience within the Licensing industry. Will consider candidates with other relevant experience.
- General knowledge of licensing industry, ideally in children’s branded consumer products
- General Knowledge of the retail landscape
- Confident in Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, Power Point)
- Adobe Suite Illustrator/Photoshop is desirable